Saturday, September 6, 2008

Gateway Arch

Last week I was fortunate enough to have time to visit the tallest national monument in the United States, the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO.

I was getting hungry after hanging out at the FBO with all the cops and Secret Service guys (see "Secret Service football" below), so I borrowed the crew car from Signature and drove over to Chipotle Mexican Grill to eat lunch. While I was eating my awesome Chipotle burrito bowl (with carnitas and guacamole of course), I though that I should try to find the arch since I had the time and means to get there.

I pulled out my secret maps (secret meaning Google) on my iPhone 3G and the arch was found in a matter of seconds. I drove the 6 miles or so over to the arch and I was very impressed with the size of the 630ft monument.

While I was shooting some pictures, an older couple came up to me and asked if I could take their picture in front of the arch. They had just finished the tour which included a claustrophobic elevator ride to the observation room at the top and the lady summed up her experience by saying, "doing it once was enough for me, I won't do that again." I considered having them take my picture with my SLR, but quickly changed my mind when the old man tried to hand me his camera with it still attached to his neck.

CLICK HERE to learn more about the Gateway Arch.

No comments: